Anger Management Coaching & Assertiveness Training
Anger is an important emotion that is normal and natural when used with control. The dictionary describes anger as “a strong feeling of displeasure, hostility or antagonism towards someone or something”.
Anger becomes a problem when:
- It happens too often
- It’s taken out on other people
- It turns into rage
- It’s buried and bottled up
- It interferes with work and relationships
- It’s used for self harm
The damage anger causes.
Anger can leave us exhausted and emotionally drained and racked with guilt. Over a long period of time, it is damaging to your health. You can lose your partner and job and alienate your family if you are not able to handle the normal frustration and disappointment that life throws at you. Anger is never pleasant to see and our society regards more and more anger as a weakness and as an unacceptable behaviour.
Stop being angry, start being assertive.
A life coach can help you turn aggressive behaviour into assertiveness, without having to analyse your past. Life coaching combined with cognitive behavioural therapy helps you learn to respond in a different way to situations. A life coach will help you change an unhealthy behaviour into a healthy one. You cannot change your past but you can change how you react to situations.
I will help you to:
- Learn how to deal with anger and how to control it
- Identify why and when you get angry and form new habits to prevent anger before it starts
- Boost your self esteem
- Feel in control
- Learn how to communicate better
- Learn some relaxation methods so that you can feel peaceful
- Heal wounds from the past
- Improve your interpersonal skills
- Reduce hostility
With my help, you will break out of the vicious anger cycle. My approach is to teach clients effective coping methods, assertiveness and life-changing behaviours.